Daniel Garcia is an experienced litigator who focuses his practice in the areas of products liability defense and toxic tort disputes. He has handled hundreds of products liability and mass tort litigation cases pertaining to asbestos since 2004, and is involved in all phases of the litigation process.
Mr. Garcia joined Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP in June 2010. Previously he was an associate at Bennett Aiello Cohen & Fried PA in Miami. He began his legal career in 2000 at Lipcon, Margulies & Alsina, representing seamen and passengers in state and federal cases involving personal injury, wrongful death and sexual assaults on cruise line and cargo vessels in territorial and international waters. Mr. Garcia successfully obtained a decision in favor of a seaman for $653,000 in arbitration.
In 2004, Mr. Garcia moved to Foley & Mansfield, P.L.L.P. and began representing corporations in state and federal cases in products liability and mass tort asbestos litigation. In 2007, he moved to Adorno & Yoss, L.L.P., where he continued representing corporations in asbestos litigation and other products liability cases.
During law school, Mr. Garcia served as a legal intern for the Honorable Ralph Cranston Stoddard and the Honorable Rex Barbas in the Circuit Court for the 13th Judicial Circuit in Tampa, Florida. Additionally, as part of his law school studies, Mr. Garcia studied overseas at Charles University Law School in Prague, Czech Republic, and at Trinity College Dublin Law School, in Dublin, Ireland.
- The Florida Bar (2000)
- Lawyer Referral Service Committee, Member (2011–2014)
- Prepaid Legal Services Committee, Member (2011–2014)
- The District of Columbia Bar (2006)
- Hispanic National Bar Association, Region VIII Deputy President (2011–Present)
Honors & Awards
- Named to the Rising Stars list by Florida Super Lawyers (2009 and 2013). No more than 2.5 percent of the lawyers in Florida are named to the list.
- Named as one of the “Top 40 Litigation Lawyers Under 40 in Florida” by the American Society of Legal Advocates (2013 and 2014).
- Holds the AV® Peer Review Rating from Martindale-Hubbell, its highest rating for ethics and legal ability.
- Spoke at the University of Miami’s Maritime Law Society regarding procedural and practical aspects of in rem actions involving, among other things, products liability
- July 17, 2012Toxic Tort Alert
- Florida Trial Court Erred in Applying Second Restatement of Torts Instead of Third Restatement of Torts in Asbestos CaseJune 25, 2012Toxic Tort Alert
- California Supreme Court Finds That Equipment Manufacturers Are Not Liable in Negligence or Strict Liability for Component Parts Manufactured by Third PartyJanuary 17, 2012Toxic Tort Alert
- Retroactive Application of Florida’s Asbestos and Silica Compensation Fairness Act Held UnconstitutionalJuly 11, 2011Toxic Tort Alert
J.D., Stetson University College of Law, 1999
B.S., Florida State University at Tallahassee, 1996
- District of Columbia
- New York
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida