Chad Kasdin has a diverse commercial and professional litigation practice which includes professional liability, corporate tort liability, premises liability, toxic tort, medical device and product liability. Mr. Kasdin is an experienced trial lawyer who has tried several multi-million dollar jury trials to verdict. He also has extensive experience and expertise in alternative dispute resolution including mediation and arbitration.
Mr. Kasdin's clients include the Chicago White Sox, multiple large Chicago-area hospitals, property management companies, property owners, and individual physicians and private medical groups.
Mr. Kasdin joined Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP as an associate in September 2000. Previously he was a two-year summer associate with the firm. He became a partner in 2006.
- American Bar Association
Honors & Awards
- Recipient of the 2014 Jury Verdict Reporter Award for Trial Lawyer Excellence in the category of "Outstanding Defense Verdict in a Premises Liability Case."
- Selected by his peers and named by the Chicago Daily Law Bulletin and Chicago Lawyer Magazine as one of the top "40 Illinois Attorneys Under Forty to Watch," 2014
- Recognized as a "Rising Star" by Illinois Super Lawyers magazine (2013–2015)
- Obtained a defense verdict in a jury trial on behalf of the Chicago White Sox where the Plaintiff suffered a severe brain injury while attending a baseball game and claimed over $6.5 million in past and future medical damages.
- Obtained a defense verdict in a jury trial on behalf of large Chicago area hospital in case where the Plaintiff alleged negligent nursing care caused the Plaintiff to lose her kidney.
- Obtained a defense verdict in a jury trial on behalf of a urologist where the Plaintiff alleged the urologist improperly performed a laser prostate surgery that caused incontinence.
- Successfully resolved a toxic tort claim on behalf of property owner and property management company where the Plaintiffs initially made a demand of $3.3 million.
- Authored and argued summary judgment motion which was granted by the Circuit Court of Cook County and upheld by the Appellate Court of Illinois in Mazin v. Chicago White Sox Ltd., 981 N.E.2d 535 (1st Dist. 2009).
"Mock Trial Workshops: Depositions," 2015 National Sports Safety and Security Conference, Orlando, Florida, June, 2015.
"Safety Issues: Be Prepared or Pay the Price," 2014 National Sports Safety and Security Conference, Indianapolis, Indiana, July, 2014.
- Old Irving Park Community Clinic (a non-profit medical clinic that offers free medical services to those in need), Board of Directors
J.D., Washington University School of Law, 2000
- Member, Dean's List
B.A., cum laude, Skidmore College, 1997
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois