Bradley Pace focuses his practice in insurance services, with particular emphasis in maritime and aviation law. He drafts legal memorandum, motions, appeals, contracts and agreements. He is involved in all phases of the litigation process and has substantial knowledge of Jones Act claims, cargo loss, seaman's and captain's duties, limitation of liability, pollution regulation and navigable waterway rights.
Prior to joining Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP in March 2015, Mr. Pace was a maritime law associate at a San Francisco firm. During law school, he clerked with a Miami, Florida firm where he expanded his maritime law knowledge, and also at a San Antonio, Texas firm where he gained commercial real estate law experience. In addition, Mr. Pace served as a legal intern with the Department of Transportation Maritime Administration's Office of the Chief Counsel, in Washington, D.C.
In addition to his other law school accomplishments, Mr. Pace was Managing Editor of the Tulane Maritime Law Journal, President of the Tulane Maritime Law Society and Secretary of the Student Bar Association. He also became a member of the U.S. Maritime Law Association.
During his undergraduate studies Mr. Pace was an intern to U.S. Representative Pete Sessions.
Mr. Pace holds the U.S. Coast Guard Professional Mariner Master's License (Commercial Towing Endorsement and Sailing Endorsement). He also holds an FAA Airplane Pilot's License, with Seaplane, Complex, and High Power ratings.
Prior to his legal career, Mr. Pace worked in the maritime industry as a ship captain, officer, engineer and pilot.
- August 4, 2015Firm expands office space in one of San Francisco's premier addresses in the heart of the Financial District
- April 24, 2015
- Hinshaw & Culbertson Adds Four Maritime Attorneys to its San Francisco Office; Continues Growth Following MergerApril 13, 2015
Brad enjoys most things having to do with water, including sailing, scuba diving, and fishing. He also spends time flying, running, hiking and backpacking.
- J.D., Admiralty & Maritime Law Certificate, Tulane University Law School, 2014.
Managing Editor, Tulane Maritime Law Journal
- B.A., Political Science, Southern Methodist University, 2005.
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California