Blake A. Esker focuses his practice in the health care industry, assisting clients with both transactional and litigation matters. His clients include hospitals and other health practitioners. He also assists with matters relating to employment law, business litigation, and general litigation.
Mr. Esker came to Hinshaw directly from law school. He was a summer associate at Hinshaw previously. Prior to that, he was a Legal Compliance Intern with the Carle Foundation, where he worked on legal issues, such as HIPAA complaint violations, taxation, compliance, contracts and physician recruitment, for the 325-bed hospital.
During law school, Mr. Esker was a recipient of the Darleen J. and Robert L. Walker Scholarship and a winner of the Phillip C. Jessup Internal Moot Court Competition. He also held a leadership position in the Health Law Society and received Honors Distinctions in both Legal Writing and Advocacy.
- American Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- American Health Lawyers Association
- Illinois Association of Healthcare Attorneys
- Contributing editor, The Law of Medical Practice in Illinois, Third Edition, 2013.
- September 13, 2016Health Law Alert
- June 15, 2016Health Law Alert
- February 24, 2016Health Law Alert
- November 12, 2015Health Law Alert
- August 26, 2015Health Law Alert
- June 10, 2015Health Law Alert
- April 2, 2015Health Law Alert
- Seventh Circuit Upholds Criminal Conviction Under the Anti-Kickback Statute Utilizing a Broad Definition of "Refer"February 17, 2015Health Law Alert