Benjamin Wheeler focuses his practice in defense litigation, including business and commercial law, claims for personal injury and property damage, financial services and consumer lending, and labor & employment matters. He is involved in all phases of the litigation process, developing case strategy, drafting pleadings and discovery, and appearing on behalf of clients at court proceedings including mediations, motion and discovery hearings and status conferences.
Prior to joining Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP in January 2016, Mr. Wheeler was an attorney in the San Francisco office of Reed Smith LLP. During law school, Mr. Wheeler clerked with a firm in Kansas City, Missouri. He also worked as an intern in the Safe Neighborhood Division of the Office of the City Attorney, in Los Angeles.
In addition to his other law school accomplishments, Mr. Wheeler was a member of the Sports, Communications, and Entertainment Law Forum and participated in Intensive Trial Advocacy & Depositions. He received the Law School Fellowship Award, and held the position of Managing Editor for the Notre Dame Journal of Legislation.
- San Francisco Bar Association, Member (2012–present)
- Barristers Club at the Bar Association of San Francisco, Member (2012–present)
Benjamin is a long-distance runner. He enjoys cooking foreign foods, exploring the Northern California coast, and traveling to all 30 major league baseball stadiums.
J.D., University of Notre Dame Law School, 2010
- Managing Editor, Notre Dame Journal of Legislation
B.A., Classical Studies & History, University of Missouri at Columbia, 2007
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California