Anthony Debre focuses his litigation practice in the defense of claims involving, personal injury, premises liability, wrongful death, property damage, medical malpractice, professional negligence including errors and omissions, breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duties, employment discrimination including age discrimination under the Missouri Human Rights Act, automobile negligence, transportation matters, class action violations of federal statutes including the Telephone Consumer Protection Act, and insurance coverage disputes.
Mr. Debre practices in all phases of litigation in both state and federal court, including complex discovery, claim investigation, motion practice, oral arguments, depositions, mediations, settlement negotiations, and trial.
Prior to joining Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP in December 2015, Mr. Debre worked for nearly six years as a litigation associate in the Chicago office of a multi-state insurance defense firm, where he managed a variety of cases as lead attorney from inception to trial. Mr. Debre concentrated primarily in premises liability, auto and construction negligence, wrongful death, dram shop, medical malpractice, product liability, breach of contract, bad faith, and insurance coverage. He represented a variety of clients, including hotels, restaurants, shopping centers, nightclubs, grocery stores, health clubs, insurance companies, railroads, general contractors, subcontractors, doctors, landlords, and tenants.
Over the last few years, Mr. Debre has tried multiple jury cases to verdict as both 1st-chair and 2nd-chair, taken over 100 depositions, drafted briefs to the Illinois Appellate Court, and successfully argued over 100 motions, including motions for summary judgment. Moreover, Mr. Debre has engaged in extensive discovery and achieved favorable outcomes in several arbitrations, mediations, and settlement negotiations.
Before practicing insurance defense, Mr. Debre represented plaintiffs in personal injury matters and clerked for a trial judge in the Cook County Law Division (Chicago), where he researched evidentiary matters and wrote court opinions. In the past, Mr. Debre also interned with the St. Louis County Public Defender Office. With this diverse background, Mr. Debre has the insight and ability to analyze a case from all perspectives and obtain the best results for his clients.
- Missouri Bar Association, Member (2015–Present)
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis, Member (2015–Present)
- Chicago Bar Association, Member (2010–2015)
- Illinois State Bar Association, Member (2009–2015)
- Pro Bono Panel for the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Illinois, Member
Washington University in St. Louis School of Law – J.D., 2009
- Dean's List
- CALI Award – Legal Writing
- CALI Award – Advanced Trial Advocacy
- Moot Court – Best Brief Honorable Mention Award
University of Dayton – B.A., Psychology, Summa Cum Laude, 2006
- Dean's List
- Mock Trial – Captain; Vice President; 2005 National Qualifier
- Phi Alpha Delta – Service Chair
- Award of Excellence to the Most Outstanding Student in Psychology – Sole Recipient for Class of 2006
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois Trial Bar
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Illinois