Adam Rucker's practice is dedicated to the defense of professionals, municipalities, and employers against liability claims. He has represented medical professionals, lawyers, real estate agents and agencies, and accounting professionals against claims of professional liability. Mr. Rucker also dedicates a significant portion of his practice to representing employers in workers compensation proceedings and defendants against claims under the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act and the Telephone Consumer Protection Act. He also regularly represent clients in employee benefits litigation (ERISA and non-ERISA) in both Illinois and Missouri state and federal courts.
Mr. Rucker also advises and represents municipalities in their day-to-day operations, which includes drafting and negotiating municipal contracts, ensuring compliance with state and federal law, and providing legal opinions during city council meetings.
Mr. Rucker joined Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP in May 2011. Previously he was a litigation attorney with two Chicago-based law firms, working for two years out of Chicago, Illinois and subsequently for two years in St. Louis, Missouri.
Prior to beginning his legal career, Mr. Rucker held positions with the Ohio Attorney General’s Office and the Ohio Auditor of State’s Office, both in Columbus, Ohio. He also completed a legal externship with the Veteran Affairs Regional Counsel in St. Louis, Missouri, and worked as a legal clerk in the Belleville, Illinois office of Attorney Thomas Q. Keefe, Jr.
Honors & Awards
- Nominated by the Honorable Barbara W. Wallace as an associate member of the inaugural St. Louis chapter of the Inns of Court: the Theodore McMillian American Inn of Court, 2010
- “Direct Examination,” St. Louis chapter of the American Inns of Court, St. Louis, Missouri, December 2010.
- "Deposition Conduct," St. Louis chapter of the American Inns of Court, St. Louis, Missouri, December 2011.
- Serves on the board of directors for Join Hands – East St. Louis, where he volunteers for the Boys Club and serves as the head coach for the boys’ baseball and basketball teams.
J.D., Health Law Certificate, Saint Louis University School of Law, 2006
B.S., Business, Miami University, 2003
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Illinois