Adam Rucker focuses his practice on life, health and disability litigation for both ERISA and non-ERISA governed employee benefit plans. Such litigation includes claims for breach of fiduciary duty and bad faith. He also has significant experience in professional liability defense and claims involving the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, the Telephone Consumer Protection Act, the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and state and federal consumer fraud statutes. Mr. Rucker has defended class actions in both federal and state courts. He regularly practices in federal and state courts throughout California, Illinois, and Missouri.
Mr. Rucker practiced in Chicago and St. Louis for over ten years before relocating to Los Angeles. He joined Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP in 2011.
Prior to beginning his legal career, Mr. Rucker held positions with the Ohio Attorney General’s Office and the Ohio Auditor of State’s Office. He also completed a legal externship with the Veteran Affairs Regional Counsel in St. Louis, Missouri, and worked as a legal clerk in the Belleville, Illinois office of attorney Thomas Q. Keefe, Jr.
Honors & Awards
- Recognized as an "Emerging Lawyer" by Leading Lawyers Magazine (2015-2016)
- Nominated by the Honorable Barbara W. Wallace as an associate member of the inaugural St. Louis chapter of the Inns of Court: the Theodore McMillian American Inn of Court, 2010.
- “Direct Examination,” St. Louis chapter of the American Inns of Court, St. Louis, Missouri, December 2010.
- "Deposition Conduct," St. Louis chapter of the American Inns of Court, St. Louis, Missouri, December 2011.
- June 2, 2016
Serves on the board of directors for Join Hands – East St. Louis.
J.D., Health Law Certificate, Saint Louis University School of Law, 2006
B.S., Business, Miami University, 2003
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Missouri